Sunday, June 28, 2009

Treasure Hunt 6-27-09

Jasmine had to work tonight, so I figured I’d go on a Treasure Hunt—MUCH more fun than going home and watching TV!!
















The Lord gave me two locations: “Sundial” and “Wal-Mart.” I went to Sundial Bridge first. On my map I had written down, “Guy, stocky, around 30ish, short black hair, black T-shirt, Islander, long shorts…tatts.” I was waiting a while and didn’t see him and almost gave up, but finally as I took one last lap, I saw him! Yay! I explained the Treasure Hunt to him, found out his name was Sonny, he was 33 and from Samoa, and that he had “knee pain” (also on the map). It wasn’t hurting at the moment, but we prayed for it anyway. I also got to share God’s love for them; and he and his girlfriend (Friend? Wife?) Chrissy were really stoked and blessed!


Then I went to “Wal-Mart” and before I got in the door I saw a girl on the pay phone that matched the description on my map: “woman w/ pink shirt and white capris, blondish, 30 +/- 3 (yrs).” I approached her just as the payphone refused to cooperate with her. I explained what I was doing and she told me her name was Vanessa and that she’d talk to me but she locked her keys in her car. I told her I have a slim jim in my car and could help her out. As we walked into the parking lot I let her read the description (found out she was 27) and she’s like “I’m freaked out right now... Oh my gosh!” I just told her there was nothing to be afraid of, it just meant that Jesus loved her a lot and wanted to tell her that. So we got to my car in the middle of the big parking lot to get the slim jim—and she was parked in the spot right next to me! Nice touch, Jesus!! I got her car unlocked in a couple of minutes during which I got to assure her of the Lord’s love and plan for her. She said she was a believer but that her husband and his family were much stronger in her faith than she was. She said she tried to read the Bible but couldn’t understand some of the language. I told her about The Message version, and she said she’d definitely give it a try. God was encouraging her so much she said she was about to cry! She started explaining to her little girl (around 4), Emily that Jesus loved them so much that He sent someone especially to find them at Wal-Mart to help them… Isn’t Jesus awesome?” “I LOVE Jesus!” Emily squealed. They went on their way, as I headed into the store, very happy that I didn’t give up earlier when I wanted to.

I got into the store in the main aisle by the checkout counters and saw a girl that matched my map: “girl, 16(ish), long dirty dishwater blonde straight hair, turquoise-ish tank top with shorts”, with her mom and a friend. I talked to the mom first to introduce myself and explain the Treasure Hunt… The mom said her name was “Michelle” (which was on my map), and the girl said they had seen one happen to a friend before and thought it was cool. I showed her the description of her, found out she was 15, and they were stoked. After we couldn’t determine any pressing prayer needs, and that they were already believers, I simply proclaimed God’s love and approval of them, how much He treasures them and has great things in store for them, that they were His princesses and just wanted to emphasize His amazing love for them individually today… They were very blessed and thankful…

God is so good... what a privilege to be an ambassador for Jesus!! Thank you Lord… Continue to encounter each of these precious people and take them to the next level of your will for their lives!!

No comments:

Post a Comment