Sunday, July 5, 2009

Treasure Hunt and Healing 7-4-09

Went to the fireworks in Redding tonight with my kids. Before we left, I asked the Lord who He wanted to bless tonight. He showed me a picture of a “guy, 18-23, black and white ballcap, black and white T-shirt, gray shorts, Dickies (brand)” so I wrote that down on my treasure map.

We found the guy about 15 minutes after we got there.. He came walking up to us with his friends--WAY out of the way of the fireworks crowd—in a quiet corner where I was making some phone calls. It was dark already and I wanted to be sure first, so I asked him, "Hey bro, what color are your shorts?" He said they were gray, and I asked, "Is that a Dickies label?", and he said yes. I asked how old he was and he said he was 18.

I had him read the map and once he was going, “What the heck is going on?” I explained that God loved him very much and wanted to encourage and bless him. I asked if he needed prayer for anything, and he said he was looking for a job. I prayed for him briefly and encouraged him that God really does love him in a special way and has a destiny for his life, and was leading him there step by step. He was blessed and encouraged and said that this was all pretty crazy and he wasn’t sure about it, but thanks a lot!

My kids and I walked away and within 5 minutes, we ran into a Christian guy named John that I know from my last job. He was riding a skateboard, and had a brace on his wrist. I found out that he had hurt it a day or two before skateboarding. I asked him what he couldn’t do with it, and he showed me that he could barely even move it. I asked if I could pray, he said yes, and I prayed maybe a 15-second prayer while laying my hand on his wrist. I told him to test it out and he tried. Then he was like, “Wait, I have to take the brace off.” He moved it around completely and looked shocked. I said, “Does it still hurt?” He said, “NOT A BIT!!” I was like “Yeah Jesus!!” He was like, “That’s AMAZING!” He put the brace in his pocket and walked away free! Happy Fourth of July… Thank you JESUS!!

Oh yeah, the fireworks were cool too.

No comments:

Post a Comment